27 Oct Force.com Sites vs Site.com
Salesforce Force.com Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization—without requiring users to log in with a username and password. Users can publicly expose any information stored in your organization through a branded URL of your choice.
Salesforce Site.com is a Web content management system (CMS) that makes it easy to build dynamic, data-driven Web pages quickly, edit content in real time, and manage your websites. From the Site.com tab in the Site.com app, it is possible to launch Site.com Studio, which provides a separate, dedicated environment for creating and editing pixel-perfect, custom websites.
- com sites supports both authenticated and public websites (i.e. the legacy portal products).
- Included in all Enterprise Edition (or above) and Developer orgs.
- Main target audience is for users that are developers familiar with the above languages.
- Can access all Force.com objects.
- Formerly called “Siteforce”.
- Is a provisioned (paid-for) product.
- com is meant for non-technical administrators as there is no coding necessary.
- Drag n drop support for CMS.
- Includes a security model of who can contribute to and publish sites.
- Chatter supported for contribution of content while chatter is not available on the front end website.
“Explore – Techila Global Services, A Salesforce development company”