21 Oct How to Import Data in Salesforce Using Data Import Wizard?
The Data Import Wizard makes it easy to import data for many standard Salesforce objects, including accounts, contacts, leads, solutions, campaign members, person accounts. You can also import data for custom objects. You can import up to 50,000 records at a time.
Salesforce recommends that you test a small file first to make sure that you’ve prepared your source data correctly.
These browsers support the Data Import Wizard:
- Google Chrome version 29 and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 23 and later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 and later
- Apple Safari version 5 and later
- Start the wizard.
- From Setup, enter Data Import Wizardin the Quick Find box, then select Data Import Wizard.
- Review the information provided on the welcome page, then click Launch Wizard.
- Choose the data that you want to import.
To import accounts, contacts, leads, solutions, person accounts, or articles click Standard Objects. To import custom objects, click Custom Objects.
- Specify whether you want to add new records to Salesforce, update existing records, or add and update records simultaneously.
- Specify matching and other criteria as necessary; Hover your mouse over the question mark for more information about each option.
- Specify whether to trigger workflow rules and processes when their criteria are met by the imported records.
- Specify the file that contains your data.
- Specify your data file by dragging the CSV file to the upload area of the page. You can also click the CSV category you’re using and then navigate to the file.
- Choose a character encoding method for your file. Typically, you don’t need to change your character encoding.
- Click Next.
Map your data fields to Salesforce data fields.
The Data Import wizard maps as many of your data fields as possible to standard Salesforce data fields. But if the wizard can’t map fields, you must do it manually. Unmapped fields are not imported into Salesforce.
To see a list of standard Salesforce data fields, from the management settings for the object, go to the fields area.
Scan the list of mapped data fields and locate the unmapped fields.
- Click Map to the left of each unmapped field.
- In the Map Your Field dialog box, choose the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- To change mappings that Salesforce performed automatically, click Change to the left of the appropriate field. Then choose the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- Click Next.
Review and start your import.. Review your import information on the Review page. If you still have unmapped fields that you want to import, click Previousto return to the previous page and specify your mappings.
Click Start Import.
Check import status.
The Recent Import Jobs chart on the Data Import Wizard home page lists the status and metrics of the data import. Alternately from Setup, enter Bulk Data Load Jobs in the Quick Find box, and then select Bulk Data Load Jobs.
“Explore – Techila Global Services, A Salesforce development company”