02 Nov Monitor Login History in Salesforce
Administrators can monitor all login attempts for their organization and enabled portals or communities. The login history page displays the most recent 20,000 attempts.
The Login History shows the following information:
- Login Time
- Source IP
- Login Type
- Client Version
- API Type
- API Version
- Login URL
Download Login History:
You can download the past six months of user logins to your Salesforce organization to a CSV or GZIP file.
- From Setup, enter Login History in the Quick Find/Search box, then select Login History.
- Select the file format to download.
- Excel csv file: Download a CSV file of all user logins to your Salesforce organization for the past six months. This report includes logins through the API.
- gzipped Excel csv file: Download a CSV file of all user logins to your Salesforce organization for the past six months. This report includes logins through the API. The file is compressed, which is the preferred option for quickest download time.
- Select the file contents. All Logins includes API access logins.
- Click Download Now.
Create List Views
You can create new list views sorted by login time and login URL. For example, you can create a view of all logins between a particular time range. Like the default view, a custom view displays the most recent 20,000 logins.
- On the Login History page, click Create New View.
- Enter the name to appear in the View drop-down list.
- Specify the filter criteria.
- Select the fields to display.
You can choose up to 15 fields. You can display only the fields that are available in your page layout. Text area fields display up to 255 characters.
“Know more about Salesforce Consulting at Techila”