24 Oct Workflow to update a field in Salesforce!
What are Workflow rules?
Workflow rules are processes to automate the assignment of task , send email alerts , update a field and send an outbound message instead of doing it manually based on the criteria.
Workflow automates the following types of actions based on your organization’s processes:
- Tasks—Assign a new task to a user, role, or record owner.
- Email Alerts—Send an email to one or more recipients you specify.
- Field Updates—Update the value of a field on a record.
- Outbound Messages—Send a secure, configurable API message (in XML format) to a designated listener.
Each workflow rule consists of:
- Criteria that cause the workflow rule to run.
- Immediate actions that execute when a record matches the criteria. For example, Salesforce can automatically send an email that notifies the account team when a new high-value opportunity is created.
- Time-dependent actions that queue when a record matches the criteria, and execute according to time triggers. For example, Salesforce can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open ten days before the close date.
Steps to update a field using Workflows:
- Go to Setup> Build > Create >Workflow and approvals > Workflow rules > New Rule
- Select object for workflow > Next > Enter rule name, description > Select Evaluation Criteria > Specify Rule Criteria> Save & Next
- Now add Click on Workflow action> Select Field Update > Fill Name, Unique Name, Description > Select Field to Update> Specify Field Value > Save > Done
“Know more about Salesforce Consulting at Techila”